In class Tuesday we discussed how to write a 5-paragraph essay, analyzed its structure as well as read and discussed a model opinion essay about the role of women in today’s society. For our next class you should come ready to discuss your first 5-paragraph essay.
This is what you should do:
Choose one of the topics listed below:
1. Too much emphasis has been placed on educational qualifications
2. Young adults have an important contribution to make to society
3. The generation gap is one which cannot be bridged.
4. One language spoken worldwide would lead to better international relationships.
5. Every generation of people is different in important ways. How is your generation is different from your parents’ generation?
In your blog explain why you have chosen the topic you are going to write your essay on. List 3 points you are going to discuss in your work and write the examples you will use to support your argument. If it is an example from a newspaper article or magazine, include its reference information into your post.
Read a blog post of one of your peers and comment on his/her ideas about his/her essay ideas and examples.